Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Laissez le bon temps roulez!

It's time for our annual Mardi Gras party.
I've finished the masks that I started last week, and created some new ones in the meantime.
Mardi Gras has  become a big deal here but we do it on a small scale. We've purposely kept the party on the  actual Mardi Gras day because, damn - that's Mardi Gras! Usually our guest list is just Lisa and Jeff - the only people we know who can actually come out in the middle of the week and drink Hurricanes and eat jambalaya.
I made my first batch of Hurricanes a few years ago - passion fruit, lime, a tiny bit of grenadine and lots of rum. When you take your first sip and then steady yourself a little, you understand what New Orleans is all about. One sip of a Hurricane explains a lot!
At any rate, Mardi Gras is a great time to explore a new craft: mask-making! I'll share it soon but today Milo and I are off for our first solo therapy visit after completing our probation. After that it will be time to start on the King Cake!
Happy Mardi Gras, everyone.

4 comments: