Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For an Impromptu Birthday Celebration


For an impromptu birthday celebration last night - I desperately felt a cake was in order. I usually make them myself but I was running out of time. I wracked my brain for ideas - and came up with this last-minute cake idea.
I simply bought mini cupcakes from the bakery and doctored-up the presentation.
I used a little stand I had made thanks to Pinterest: simply take a dollar-store candle stick (or one you already have) and a dessert-sized plate. Spray paint both in whatever color, then adhere together using some really good epoxy. (Hint: I was in a hurry, didn't have epoxy - so I used floral clay. Sweet.)
Place the little stand on another plate and you have your cake stand. Don't forget the doilies! I make it a point to have some on hand - you never know when one might come in handy.
To top off the whole thing - get special candles. Light them up, sing happy birthday, and have a great time!

1 comment: