Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Muffin Shaming

If I can shame my dog, I can certainly shame a muffin. Especially these muffins:


 
I made them for a lady lunch I was giving for my mom and my SIL, Lisa. I'm usually a scratch cook, but in the interest of saving time, I brought out the box from the pantry and decided to give them a try.
Gee - I can't decide!

Luckily, I had all the ingredients I needed to make a replacement batch from scratch. Look at the muffins. Which one for you?
 If I were Martha White, I'd be embarrassed. But in lieu of shaming her and all of her ilk, I am going to include my can't-miss recipe for corn muffins. This makes 1 dozen medium sized muffins.
 
Preheat oven to 424.
Mix dry ingredients together:
1/3 c corn meal
2/3 c flour
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
 
Mix wet ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 c milk
2 tbs oil or bacon fat
 
Gently fold dry ingredients into wet. Mix only enough to bind ingredients - batter should be slightly lumpy. Don't beat it to death.
Preheat geased muffin pan for 3 mins in the oven. Fill pans 3/4 full, bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment